Sick of the old Banana Bread? Try baking a Cranberry Apple Bread instead. This recipe from amayzine.com is deliciously different and much healthier than your old favourite from the local deli. Nutrients equal per slice (if you slice it into ten equal pieces): 153 calories, 22,6 grams of carbs, 9,2 grams of egg whites and 2,7 grams of fat.
- 3 eggs
- 340 grams of applesauce
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 130 grams of oats or oatmeal flour
- 2 scoops of egg white powder
- 1 tea spoon of baking powder
- 60 grams of dried cranberries; soak for 10 minutes in lukewarm water and dry on paper towel
- Coconut oil or cooking spray
Preheat the oven to 175 degrees and chop up your apple into small blocks. Mix the eggs, the baking powder, the oatmeal flour, the applesauce and the egg white powder until it becomes smooth and fluid, then add the apples and cranberries, and give it a bit of a stir. Grease up your cake mold – opt for one made out of silicon. Pour the cake mix into it and put it in your already preheated oven for 45 minutes.