We need your vote! The Town of Cottesloe is about to embark on a once-in-a-generation revamp of our beachfront and we need your help to ensure that the Cottesloe foreshore gets redeveloped in an aesthetically pleasing, usable, sustainable and beneficial way.
We would like to see an outcome that is bold in its reach and yet true to the character and essence of Cottesloe.
Better ideas and bigger improvements
An enhanced plan – The COTT+PLUS has been prepared by a group of local residents (and locals mums!) and experts …. who care deeply about getting it right. Key elements of this plan are:
· Retain Marine Parade on its existing alignment, removing on-street parking to create a wide boulevard/promenade.
· Encourage temporary alfresco dining spilling onto the promenade.
· Remove the coastal carpark in favour of greater recreation and public use. Including Multi-purpose space for community gathers, markets etc.
· Create a multi-storey carpark in Napier Street, sleeved behind commercial/retail spaces fronting Marine Parade with a rooftop garden.
· Include separate cycle and pedestrian paths along the full stretch of the coast, with linkages from Grant, Eric and Forrest Street.
· Create a nature play along the coastal strip, along with opportunity for skate / scooter, table tennis, etc.
· Improve public facilities throughout Cottesloe such as toilets, bins, beach paths, signage, beach showers, lighting, picnic and barbecue areas as well as opportunities for shade.
If you support these COTT+PLUS ideas in principle sign here before Friday 27th January, 4pm!
To view the proposed design plan click here
♥ Cottesloe ♥ Beach ♥ Local ♥ Families ♥ Community ♥